Chris Taylor is a computer game designer and entrepreneur most famous for developing Total Annihilation and the Dungeon Siege series and for founding Gas Powered Games. In 2002, GameSpy named him the 30th most influential person in gaming.
Taylor moved to Seattle, Washington in January 1996 when he joined Cavedog Entertainment as the designer and project leader for the real-time strategy computer game Total Annihilation and its first expansion, Total Annihilation: The Core Contingency.
In the August 2005 edition of PC Gamer, it was announced that Gas Powered Games was developing Supreme Commander, Chris's first RTS game since 1997. It is described as the spiritual successor to Total Annihilation, but was not able to be named as such because Atari (formerly Infogrames) owns the rights to the Total Annihilation name. Although Atari has shown no interest in reviving the TA franchise, the company has nonetheless held on to it.
Supreme Commander has been dubbed "best RTS of E3 2006," and was released on February 16, 2007 in Europe and four days later, February 20 in the U.S, achieving high ratings from major game websites and magazines. He also helped create the game's standalone expansion Supreme Commander: Forged Alliance.Edit
In his own gamesEdit
Chris Taylor can also be found as a chicken in a secret level in Dungeon Siege and its expansion, along with the other game designers (Taylor's chicken is purple and yellow).
- Hardball II (1989)
- The Duel: Test Drive II (1989)
- 4-D Boxing (1991)
- Triple Play 96 (1995)
- Dungeon Siege II (2005)
- Supreme Commander: Forged Alliance (2007)
- Demigod (2009)
- Total Annihilation (1997)
- Total Annihilation: The Core Contingency (1998)
- Total Annihilation: Kingdoms (1999)
- Total Annihilation: Kingdoms The Iron Plague (2000)
- Dungeon Siege (2002)
- Dungeon Siege: Legends of Aranna (2003)
- Dungeon Siege: Throne of Agony (2006)
- Dungeon Siege II: Broken World (2006)
- Supreme Commander (2007)
- Space Siege (2008)
- Supreme Commander 2 (2010)
- Dungeon Siege III (TBA)
- Kings and Castles (TBA)
His current project is Kings and Castles.
- "GameSpy's 30 Most Influential People in Gaming". March 2002. GameSpy.
- "Gas Powered Games Interview - Part 1". September 24, 2003. PC Gameworld.
|This page uses content from Wikipedia. The original article was at Chris Taylor (game designer). The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with Dungeon Siege Wiki, the text of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike License 3.0 (Unported).|