This page lists news items posted at the wiki. To see the most recent news and comments, you might need to refresh this page's cache.
Current news[edit | edit source]
While the game is set to release on June 17 in Europe and June 21 in North America, the Xbox 360 demo for Dungeon Siege III is now available for download Xbox Live. The PC and PS3 demos are to be made available next week.
Do you think that the new game by Obsidian Entertainment will be as good as the original ones by Gas Powered Games? Or maybe better?
We have just received a press release announcing the new official date for Dungeon Siege III, developed by Obsidian Entertainment and published by Square Enix - the game will hit the stores in Europe on June 17, and in the United States on June 21, 2011.
- SQUARE ENIX UPDATES DUNGEON SIEGE III STREET DATE TO JUNE 21, 2011
- WHAT: Square Enix, Inc., the publisher of SQUARE ENIX® interactive entertainment products in the Americas, announced today that the North American launch date for Dungeon Siege® III is now June 21, 2011. Developed by Obsidian Entertainment™, Inc. and shipping for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, the PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system and Windows PC, Dungeon Siege III blends a robust RPG system, an endless variety of loot and a compelling storyline with intuitive action gameplay.
- “Square Enix is committed to delivering the ultimate Dungeon Siege experience,” said Mike Fischer, president and CEO of Square Enix, Inc. “Although the fina…
GameBanshee has interviewed Obsidian Entertainment's Feargus Urquhart about the studio's various projects, including Dungeon Siege III, Fallout: New Vegas and Alpha Protocol.
Here are some Dungeon Siege-relevant bits:
- GB: So are you heading down the same path as the first two, where the world was loaded in on-the-fly?
- Feargus: Yeah, yeah.
- GB: What about a toolset? Dungeon Siege had a huge modding community.
- Feargus: Yeah, there was – I played a number of them. There was that ultimate total conversion, and then there was Lands of Hyperborea (I think that was the name) with a different set of rules that I really enjoyed playing.
- GB: I don't think the community has died out completely yet, either. Some modifications have been in development for years.
- Feargus: Yeah, I know. So for Dungeon Siege III, we’re not looking at releasing the toolset. We do know that it’s an important thing, but our toolset is very different. Still, it’s something we’re going to continue to consider. I’d like to for the futu…
Square Enix has released 4 pieces of concept art from the upcoming Dungeon Siege III. You can see them below:
SQUARE ENIX ANNOUNCES PARTNERSHIP WITH OBSIDIAN ENTERTAINMENT FOR DUNGEON SIEGE 3
The Torch is Passed for a New Incarnation of the Classic Action-RPG
London (07 June 2010) – Square Enix Ltd., the publisher of SQUARE ENIX® interactive entertainment products in Europe and other PAL territories, announced today that it is partnering with Obsidian Entertainment® on DUNGEON SIEGE® 3. With input from the original developer, Gas Powered Games®, Obsidian Entertainment will develop the next incarnation of the DUNGEON SIEGE franchise with Square Enix as the game’s publisher. Coming for the first time to high-def home video game consoles, DUNGEON SIEGE 3 will be available for the PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system, the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, and Windows PC.
DUNGEON SIEGE 3 is representative of Square Enix’s ongoing strategic partnership with Western game developers and its commitment to increasing its presence in those markets. The game will bring tog…